Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dream a little Dream

Good afternoon my lovelies. Just a few thoughts today. 


If you're like me you feel the need to draw, doodle, and simply create something almost every day. For me art is meditation and food for the soul, I can't seem to get enough. But, I often get stuck, not knowing WHAT I should do or WHERE I should begin. Often a nudge is all I need to get started... so, I went on a scavenger hunt on the world wide web today in search of art challenges, ATC challenges, collage, and mixed media challenges. I'm happy to say that I found a great site with many such challenges.
The site has a little something for almost every one. It has art challenges for every day of the week with may different themes and mediums. Which is great for me and hopefully you too. Use them as  they are set up or jumble them up to suite your needs. What ever you do, have fun!


I chose to do a 4x6 Post Card challenge with the theme of 'Swirls, Twirls & Curls'


My post card consists of several collage pieces from magazines, arranged onto a piece of cardboard box that I treated with gesso. I painted, stenciled and stamped the background, decoupaged my images into place, then painted, doodled and grunged my little lovely for the finished look. I hope you like her. :)


This is the site;  http://www.squidoo.com/mixed-media-art-challenges

Danine  XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment